Polygon Bikes has so much to offer that we must request you orient your device to portrait or find a larger screen. You won't be disappointed.
After successfully releasing the 1st Polygon’s pedelec (pedal electric bicycle) city bike last year; Polygon is releasing Path E5 - an upgraded pedelec city bike supported with an electric pedal-assist system component starting to operate through rider’s pedaling power. With the help of the attached system, riders don’t need to pedal as hard as riding a conventional bike, but still doing a workout and enjoying the city scenery. Equipped with upgraded geometry and 27.5 x 2.4 sleek tire for better balance and stable riding for any urban rider or citizen starting to ride a bike for their daily commuting life. The Path E5's requires less effort to brings you further and faster.
AL6 frame w/ internal shifting route
Shimano Deore 10 Speed
Entity Xpert handlebar, stem and seatpost
Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
Shining AS-T30 rims with Alloy hubs
Schwalbe Super Moto-X tyres
POLYGON PATH-E ADVANTAGES
- Using rider’s pedaling power to move the bike and using high-quality and fast charged lithium-ion battery
- Good for the environment as it does not require any fuel and emit CO
- Path E5 needs pedaling movement which is good for physical fitness while making riding convenient, easy and effortless (electric pedal-assist system component can be set in ON/OFF mode)
- Path E5 enables riders of mixed abilities/fitness to ride together – shortens the time, distance, and flattens out the hills
- Path E5 particularly useful for elderly and rider with sports injury history who may no longer have the capacity for strenuous riding
Safety for Riders & Others
- The electric pedal-assist system component will stop assisting when rider’s speed reaches 32 KM per hour
- Water resistant – rider don’t need to worry during rain or cross water puddle
- Path E5 has stable control, maximum brake performance and less-effort acceleration to normal riding reducing the possibility of serious injury or physical damage
Frame AL6 PAVEMENT, 10X135MM O.L.D., IS MOUNT, INTERNAL SHIFTING ROUTE Fork FULL CARBON RIGID FORK Handlebar ENTITY XPERT, ALLOY, 700MM Stem ENTITY XPERT, ALLOY, 60MM (XS-S), 80MM (M-L) Headset ZS 44/28.6 | ZS 56/40 Saddle ENTITY SADDLE, STEEL RAIL Seatpost ENTITY XPERT, ALLOY, 27.2X300MM Crankset CHAINWHEEL SHIMANO FC-E5010 170MM (43-49MM) 175MM (52MM), CHAINRING SHIMANO SM-CRE50 44T Pedals FLAT ALLOY PEDAL Bottom Bracket( MID MOTOR ) SHIMANO DRIVE UNIT DU-E5000 Chain KMC X10E Cassette Sprocket ASHIMANO DEORE CS-HG500, 11-34T Rear Derailleur SHIMANO DEORE RD-6000SGS Shifting Lever SHIMANO DEORE SL-6000-R Brake Lever SHIMANO BL-MT201 Front Brake SHIMANO BR-MT201 Rear Brake SHIMANO BR-MT201 Rotor SHIMANO CENTER LOCK 160/180MM Tyre SCHWALBE SUPER MOTO-X 27.5”X2.40 Wheelset ALLOY DOUBLE WALL RIMS WITH ALLOY HUB (TUBELESS READY) Rear Carrier ALLOY REAR CARRIER Fender PLASTIC FENDER Weight 19.9 Kg* Gent 52(L),
19.25 Kg* Lady 46(S)
Motor SHIMANO BB DRIVE UNIT DU E-5000 Sensor SHIMANO SPEED SENSOR UNIT Battery SHIMANO BT-E8010, 504 Wh Display SHIMANO CYCLE COMPUTER SC-E7000 Extras SWITCH SW-E6060-L
Geometry PATH E5 Gent
A B C D E F G H I J K L M Size Seat Tube Length Seat Tube Angle Effective Seat Tube Angle Head Tube Length Head Tube Angle Effective Top Tube BB Height BB Offset Chainstay Length Wheelbase Frame Reach Frame Stack Standover Height Small 460 74.5 74.5 140 71 564 287 70 (DROP) 460 1067 390 561 704 Medium 490 74 74 170 71.5 570 287 70 (DROP) 460 1082 400 592 736 Large 520 73.5 73.5 200 71.5 594 287 70 (DROP) 460 1101 410 620 766 A B C D E F G H I J K L M Size Seat Tube Length Seat Tube Angle Effective Seat Tube Angle Head Tube Length Head Tube Angle Effective Top Tube BB Height BB Offset Chainstay Length Wheelbase Frame Reach Frame Stack Standover Height Xtra Small 430 75 75 120 71 525 287 70 (DROP) 460 1050 380 542 525 Small 460 74.5 74.5 140 71 546 287 70 (DROP) 460 1067 390 561 528
Path E5 is offering a convenient, silent and smooth ride. Path E5 is created for everyone and enables riders of different abilities and fitness to ride together. With the help of the attached electric pedal-assist system, riders don’t need to pedal nearly as hard as riding a conventional bike – but still can ride anywhere around the city. Rider is still doing most of the legwork but will beat any steep climbs and reach greater distances effortlessly
ELECTRIC PEDAL ASSIST SYSTEM
Using Shimano STEPS E5000 drive unit offering powerful and quiet assist system. Providing easy to read computer display controlling the battery, assist mode, current speed and ranges indicators.
Path E5 is available in two version: Path E5 Gent and Path E5 Lady. Designed with perfect geometry specifically for man and woman while offering same fun, freedom and easier city riding.
FUNCTIONAL SUPPORTING PARTS
Path E5 is equipped with fender, rear carrier & front light for long distance city riding
Whe can i ride my pedelec?
Anywhere that you would ride a conventional bicycle, with Path E5 you can go anywhere around the town.
What is the right setting to maximize the assist system on my pedelec?
- HIGH mode should be set when you need powerful assistance, such as when riding up steep uphill slopes.
- NORMAL mode should be set when you need intermediate level of assistance, such as when you want to enjoy riding comfortably on a gentle slope or level ground.
- ECO mode should be set when you want to enjoy long distance riding on level ground. When pedaling is not very strong, the amount of assistance is reduced and energy consumption is lessened.
- WALK mode is particularly useful when you walk the bicycle with heavy baggage on it or walk it out of a basement.
How long does it take to charge my pedelec's battery?
From 0-80% you will spend 4 hours
What should I do to maintain the quality of my battery? What if the electronics on my pedelec get wet?
- Path E5 using Lithium-Ion battery which can be charged anytime – when it’s necessary.
- We recommended you to immediately stop the charging mode when it’s fully charged to maintain the life time of the battery
- Make sure to store the battery in cool indoor places and stable temperature approx 10-20 degree celcius
- The pedelec system is a water resistant – rider don’t need to worry during rain or cross water puddle
Shall I take off the battery when charging it?
You don’t need to take off the battery when you charging it, you can charge it directly when it’s mounted on your pedelec.
What is the charging voltage to charge the battery?
100 – 240 Volt AC.
How much is the battery capacity of my pedelec's battery
How far will my pedelec travel on a single battery charge?
Depends on assist system mode that you set for your pedelec.
- On HIGH mode can reach 100km
- On NORMAL mode can reach 140 km
- On ECO mode can reach 185 km
Shall I take off the battery when I would like to store the bike for a long time?
You don’t need to take off the battery when you would like to store the bike for a long time, but you have to make sure that the battery is charged (at least 70 % of capacity).
What is the maximum speed of the pedelec?
The electric pedal-assist system component will stop working when rider’s speed reaches 32 KmH (US, NZ, ID) / 25 KmH (rest of the world)
How long will my battery last?
Shimano guarantee that the battery capacity will perfectly reach 60% from its ideal capacity after being charged 1000 times or after 2 years of usage.
- PATH E5